Saturday, September 6, 2008

Future Goals

So James and I have been discussing lots (nearly every day) for the past couple months where we want to "settle", or I guess I should say start our roots, our foundation, family, and what not. We have our family started with our furbabies, and little monkey now on the way. But the hardest part about it all has been living so far from my parents and sister, with my dad being in the military we were always away from family, and became a very close small family...at least in my eyes. The 3 of them are my support, my back bone, and now James has joined them (my 4 favorite people ;)

Anyhoo...I want more than anything for my children to know how amazing their grandparents are and Aunty, and grow up building a friendship with them. James is very much on board with this, he is the one always suggesting to move closer to them, or to buy a big home here to accommadate them hehee...he loves you guys just as much (who wouldn't!) After our trek out to New Brunswick this past May, we have really started to fall in love with the idea of moving to the east coast, so long as I have an ocean I'm happy....anyways nothing is set yet and it won't be for a couple years, but we are hoping to move to some part of the East Coast.

The main part of this post is to share my personal goal...I have been trying to figure out some sort of business I can do from home, to be with my kids (fur and flesh) to be working with animals and people. I originally wanted to start an in home boarding service for dogs and cats. Now I am more focused on cats and wanting to not only have a cat hotel...but take it further and start my own no kill shelter, it breaks my heart whenever I see the homeless kitties at the SPCA, the older ones hardly ever get homes, and the superstition rules there and the black cats are always the last color picked! Personally my fav are the orange, black, greys, the calicos....oh heck all of them ;) I came across this video which is incredibly inspiring and heart warming and just wanted to share it...I am the crazy cat lady...thank god James is as equally the crazy cat man hahaaa
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwM6f0liHpo

Hope you enjoy! Lots of love to you all xoxo

No comments: