Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beach Baby

*** I TRIED TO ADD MORE VIDEOS, THAT I PROMISED, BUT THEY AREN'T LOADING FOR SOME REASON :(*******


During my wedding planning days, I spent ALOT of time on a wedding forum, mostly in the destination wedding section. I eventually moved onto miscellaneous and hung out there where the topics were mostly random and fun, and sometimes off the wall hahaa.

Once we got pregnant, I made my way south in the forum down to their baby section (I had not even lurked in there - pre pregnancy, maybe I was scared of jinxing myself) anyhoo when I originally plugged my "LMP" into an online calculator it gave me a due date of Feb 19, we went with the 23rd as my cycles were a bit longer then 28 (as are most women off the pill) anyways. I joined a February Mommies group, and hung out there most of the my pregnancy, I was not overly stressed about other things going on, so I mostly lurked into other topics...and just stocked/stalked (?) my feb mama's hahaa ;) and babbled away getting to know some really lovely women. It was awesome to be experiencing everything right along with them, and know they understood me and vice versa, even if our symptoms or cravings were different. And I still hang out with the Feb mommies, in the new mom section now (can't believe their is a feb mommies group in the pregnancy section) I may be a march mama...but I feel at home with those mama's so it's where I hangout in the .com world ;)

At Christmas, I had the pleasure of meeting 3 of my "toronto/gta Feb Mama's" and I met up with them again to meet their babies, plus 2 other gta feb mama's and their babies when I was home in June.

One of the GTA mommies, came out to Vancouver a few weeks back and inspired the Vancouver area Feb mama's to finally get our butts together and meet and start a regular thing.

Phewww this is long winded to get out....every 2 weeks I now try to get together with 3 other mama's and their babies, who were all due in Feb.HAHA! Not only is it great to hang out with other mama's its great to be around other babies in the same age area as my monkey. Anyhoo this past tuesday was a beach and cupcake playdate (cupcakes for the mama's) however 2 of the mama's could not make it. So Tara, Lila, Skyla and myself met in White Rock for a couple hours of sandy salty wet fun :D

I have never been to white rock, but I quite like it. Very nice beach, good cupcakes what's not to like! I will be back again...likely next week, when James has a few days off.

Skyla and Lila laid on some blankets, ate some sand and before you know they got to experience the cold shock of salt water WAHOO! They both did not mind it that much, and even enjoyed laying out naked for awhile till the tide started coming in, and was getting the blankets soaked (no the tide was not actually ON the blankets, but seeping in UNDER the sand, if you know what I mean?) but it did come in might quickly. So in true Diva form Skyla started to get all woe is me, I taste like salt, I have sand stuck in my rolls and now I'm wet and let out the most ridiculous cry*

*she was also tired from not having a long nap that morning, so I'm not complaining just making fun*

and she convinced Lila to join in on her pity parade, so we had two diva's crying and the tide coming in mighty quick almost taking away our bags, sandals and ACK my camera....save the camera, forget about Skyla she will likely float ;) JUST KIDDING! So we called it a day, but will try it out again soon :)

Here are a few shots of the "little" ladies:
Her clothese got pretty wet, next time, maybe we will bring your cute bathing suit...but naked time is also fun ha!
Lila with a sandy face heheeHer 2nd dip to try and get some sand off.

Can you believe how big she is getting, she comfortably fits into some 12 month clothing, she is so dang tall!!!

1 comment:

Sarah N said...

Cute! I love that their names rhyme.